26 November, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! It's been a hectic few weeks around here, and I've found very little time to be in front of my computer. I mentioned my brother was here for a visit, and during his visit we threw the pre-Thanksgiving bash. It was a great time, and a great excuse to have yummy Thanksgiving fare twice in a month. Two days after he left, my sister and nephew arrived. Having a two year old around is nothing less than a whirlwind of chaos. Having a sick two year old around is nothing less than a nightmare. I quickly realized how accustomed I'd grown to living on my own, and living without children. Consequently, I've been spending a LOT of time at the gym! But, having said that, there isn't a little guy any cuter than him, and having him around is fantastic, especially now that he's feeling better.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I decided to cook another turkey (pictured above) for us and a few friends. I didn't realize how gross turkeys look pre-roasting until I saw that picture. Unfortunately I forgot to take another picture after the roasting, but I can promise you that it was nothing short of perfection! Our day was filled with lots of friends and eating and drinking and general merry-making- a perfect day in my opinion!

So, just wanted to give you a little update on my whereabouts. I hope that those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful day! My sister & nephew will be leaving next week, which will give me plenty of time to get back to being a blogging nerd again! Till then...

to do #146: celebrate Thanksgiving

5 comments:

Flash said...

That is not a pretty picture!

Thanks for sharing!

swisslet said...

I love the idea of another holiday weekend, but frankly one christmas dinner a year is more than enough for me. Will you have much the same meal on Christmas Day? Is Thanksgiving a more family holiday than Christmas? I don't really understand it, so I need you to explain before I can celebrate it!

ST

Jenni said...

sounds as though you have been having a wonderful time, clm. I'm jealous though of your two Thanksgivings. Two chances to eat all the yummy side dishes that go along with turkey! Lucky girl!

swisslet said...

two chances? what do you eat at Christmas? How many turkeys do you people kill each winter? What's the poor bloody thing ever done to you?

LB said...

two year olds rock.

Fact.

and - what an ugly bird.

(insert punchline here)