21 February, 2006

Moving Chaos


It figures I would time my debut back to the blogging world in the midst of packing up my apartment and moving my things into storage. And did I mention I'm also starting a second job this week? Yes folks, I have a great sense of timing. While I have all manner of stories to relate and things to tell you guys, I am spending most of my waking hours carefully taping together the seams of boxes, meticulously wrapping glassware in unprinted newspaper and trying to fit all my possessions into boxes like a puzzle. Those of you who have moved recently know this is no small chore; those of you that haven't moved in a while, like me, don't realize how quickly we forget how awful packing is! It's only been two years since my last move and I'm just living in an apartment, so I didn't have too much time to really get settled in and comfortable here, but as I started my first night of packing I almost quit on the spot and vowed to stay here forever. Luckily I made it through that night and, relatively speaking, the packing has gone pretty well. The singular thought that is keeping me going is that I'm moving on to bigger and better things. More on that soon, I have packing to get back to!

to do #372: take a quick break from packing

No comments: