03 March, 2006

These Boots Were Made For, ah you know...



It's funny how sometimes happiness can come in the most random or simple form. For me, this week, happiness is a new pair of cowboy boots.

I should verify with my parents, but I vaguely remember having a pair of cowboy boots as a little girl. I wouldn't bet money on it, but I think they were of the knee-high light brown leather variety. But, I may just have that image in my head because a great majority of the pictures of kids who grew up in the late 70's and early 80's, like me, feature them wearing brown leather cowboy boots. Ah, I digress...

That I stumbled on these boots seemed like fate, or at least it's how I justified the purchase. I had been thinking lately I would like to own a pair of cowboy boots. Not because I'm a western gal, or because I'm in an upcoming rodeo or anything, I just thought they were cute & fashionable. Around the same time I also read an article in a fashion magazine about how cowboy boots were making a fashion comeback. The article was complete with pictures of various celebs sporting their boots. I'm sure we all remember how much I cared about the celebs I shared my pink Razr with, so when I saw celebs were wearing cowboy boots, that sealed the deal for me- I needed them.

A few days later I was in TJ Maxx looking for some shower gel when I decided to quickly browse the shoe section before leaving. Y'see, I'm a gal on a budget and I'm trying really hard NOT to spend money- I should be saving every penny for my impending move across country. But, sometimes shoes talk louder than my budget. I was in luck when I perused my size and nothing caught my eye. Then, I thought, I better check clearance, just in case! And there they were- my gorgeous new Guess brown leather cowboy boots. I tried them on, and they fit like a glove, and for the price I didn't even have to debate whether or not to buy them. I am proud to tell you that this gal on a budget found these particular boots for a whopping $14!!!! That's right! They retail at over $200, so I got them at what, a zillion percent off the retail price?! Though it was a minor blip in my budget, I'd say they were worth it, wouldn't you?

to do #284: own a pair of cowboy boots

3 comments:

swisslet said...

great boots *and* a bargain!

yee-haw!

ST

Flash said...

Result!

Anonymous said...

You and your sister had light brown Dingo cowboy boots, which were passed on to your brother.