11 September, 2005

Exercise, Part Three

Exercise

Did someone ask for another exercise update? No? Well I'll give you one anyway, if only for my own record...

Things are still going strong and I've gotten myself on a pretty regular schedule. I workout for three days in a row: two days on the bike, one day on the treadmill, then I take a break for a day. I'm also doing some weight machines and free weights daily. In the last couple weeks I've started feeling like I've reached a plateau, which as one of my friends pointed out, probably means I need to push myself a little more. I had been doing 8 miles on the bike, which takes about 25 minutes, or 30 minutes on the treadmill, which works out to a little more than 2 miles. Now I've upped it to 10 miles on the bike or 45 minutes on the treadmill. We'll see if that solves the plateau dilemma. Otherwise, I feel great! Working out definitely isn't a chore anymore, it's just a regular part of my day. Even while I was on vacation I worked out a few times (which was a first for me!). There haven't been any drastic changes for me body wise; I've lost some pounds and I think I'm more toned, but then again, it can be difficult to notice these changes in oneself. The most noticeable change for me was when I went to the dogpark and threw the tennis ball- I launched the ball so far across the park, it was amazing!

With each day I continue to work on #14 on my list. I don't think it will ever be a goal I cross off, rather one that I continually revisit and revise, which is okay with me!

No comments: