01 October, 2005

Hard to Beat

hardfijpg

You know how when someone has an annoying song stuck in their head they feel like it's their mission in life to get it stuck in everyone else's head too? Even just a mention of the song title instantly lodges the tune into your psyche, and it takes something of a miracle to extricate it. Along the way, though, you also feel compelled to pass along the now-stuck song to as many people as you can. The bad news is that I am about to do this to you, dear readers. The good news is that the song isn't annoying. Quite the opposite, actually.

Now before you get your hopes up, let me assure you this is not the next Stairway to Heaven or Hey Jude or Sympathy for the Devil. It is, however, a perfectly crafted and infectious-as-hell pop song. The band may ride the top of the charts (in England of course, not in the US) with this catchy tune and never be heard from again. It's okay though, because in the meantime we have this addictive tune that sinks its beat infested hooks into your brain and doesn't let go. It compels you to dance and sing along and put it on infinite repeat until you've committed every word and every beat and every note to memory and you're able replay them in your sleep.

Without further ado, here's Hard-Fi's Hard to Beat. Proceed with caution, and don't say I didn't warn you. My mission is complete; I can cross #219 off my list: infect as many people as I can with a ridiculously catchy tune.

NOTE: The link above will expire in seven days, so don't delay. If you do, you will regret it for the rest of your life. Or at least until you ask me to e-mail it to you instead.

4 comments:

swisslet said...

it's a great song and no mistake - absurdly catchy. You should be pleased that you have a good song lodged in your head. All too often Earworms (that's what I call'em) insist upon being the most annoying pile of crap you have heard in the last week. I have suffered from having Toploader's "Dancing in the Moonlight" stuck in my brain this week on a permanent loop. No one deserves that.

Thanks for swinging round my blog - it was something of a coincidence, wasn't it?

ST

Turners in the Country said...

See, look what you did, you tried to pass along your crap earworm (I love that word, it's such a good descriptor!) to innocent unsuspecting folk. Shame on you!

I do think it's something of a compulsion though when we've got an awful song in our head; maybe we think passing it along to someone else will expedite the process of it leaving our brain. Hmm...

Camphor said...

Since I can't ask you to email it to me... maybe drop a link at my blog? If it isn't too much trouble? That'll be Flower and Flame. Since I can't do the html thingie, I'm afraid I'll be giving you a very obvious link:
www.crazycamphor.blogspot.com

Oh, and if you thought that was infeactious - I have had this audio stuck in my head for the past three days:
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

Camphor said...

Thanks for dropping by on my blog and leaving a link ... It didn't get stuck in my head. :D But then, there IS the study that says everyone's worst earworm is unique (or alomst) to that person....