25 October, 2005

FYI, Windex Doesn't Kill Scorpions

But, the bottom of a shoe works very well-- this is the unfortunate lesson I learned tonight. Since I had an earlier bug *ahem, arthropod* post, I thought I'd share this information with you all, lest you be home alone late on a Monday night with a scorpion on your balcony and a bottle of Windex in one hand and a shoe in the other. I've just saved you the trouble of cleaning up a half-bottle puddle of Windex, and from dashing around your home like a mad-woman (or man) looking for a more lethal weapon.

I must at this time also give mad props to my scorpion-hunting canine pal for spotting the danger in the dark from the opposite side of the closed screen door, and then whining incessantly until I let her out onto the balcony, only to run directly back into the house sneezing and shaking her head from side to side. It only took me two or three times of this before I got the message and went out to investigate. What can I say, I'm a bit slow. But, you readers will surely not make the same mistake now that you've been armed with my advice. And, you are more than welcome to the services of my scorpion-hunter; she's also quite good at hunting crumbs, clean laundry and used kleenex.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, those white-ish spots you see on the bottom of my shoe are in fact the remnants of the said, and now pulverized, scorpion.

to do #217: how not to kill a scorpion

5 comments:

Camphor said...

ROFL!
Pulverised scorpion!
Leastways, no point in killign scorpions here, another will take it's place. So we just convince it to walk on a newspaper adn throw it outside the window... sometimes towards Ms. Nasty's home. :P

Jenni said...

Sounds like enough excitement for one evening! I, for one, prefer the snow of Wisconsin to scorpion territory. Yikes!

Turners in the Country said...

camphor- it's probably pretty futile here too. and i should say, i actually felt bad last night after killing the scorpion, especially after having just gone to my buddhism class, then i go and kill a creature that was once my mother. shame on me. i usually just scoop up the bugs and toss them outside, but scorpions and centipedes freak me out. ugh, i'm rationalizing.

and jenni, i don't know, i've lived in some icy climes, and i think i have to choose the balmy and scorpion-infested arizona over them!!

LB said...

scorpions? in your house?

*shudders*

Flash said...

When I read stuff like that it makes me realise how much I love England!

Hello, by the way!