20 October, 2005

Pro: Skies





As I contemplate my impending move away from Arizona, I have been keeping a little running tally of pros and cons, to make sure I'm making the right decision. So far there haven't been many ticks in the pro column for Arizona, but I do have to admit to one I've noticed outside my sliding glass door the past three days as I've sat at my desk working: the skies. Arizona seems to have some of the most beautiful skies. Is that enough to keep me here? No. But it's something to appreciate whilst I bide my time.

to do #49: find a pro for living in Arizona

2 comments:

swisslet said...

well, speaking from cold, dark, damp Nottingham.... how about the weather? (if not the insect life)??

ST

Turners in the Country said...

Ah yes, the insect life- where else could I set up home with scorpions and centipedes and black widow spiders?!

Actually, the 'great' weather here is a common misconcecption, especially of folks living in the lovely, damp UK (my family there seem to think I'm living in paradise or something- Ha!). While we do have our moments of beautiful weather, most of the year it's just miserably hot. But it's a dry heat, I can hear you saying. Here's an experiment for you: set your oven to 110 degrees F. Open the door and see how long you enjoy standing in front of it. If you're still there after four months, then Arizona is for you!!