16 June, 2005

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up, originally uploaded by carriemcm.

In general, I find the thumbs up sign to be a very annoying and trite gesture reserved for use only by morons, and typically accompanied by a wide and toothy grin. But, today I am giving myself a big two thumbs up (get it, the shadow), along with a pat on the back, a round of applause, a stamp of approval and every other cheesy euphemism for doing something well. I dealt with an issue today that has been plaguing me for a while and which, up until today, I chose to privately bemoan instead of taking action and doing something about. I didn't kick anyone's ass or anything, if that's what you're thinking. But I did stand up for a pretty important person, myself, and I like to think I did it with professionalism and grace to boot. It feels good.

So with thumbs high in the air I cross #107 off my list: you know what you are.

No comments: